An agreement reached in California will save consumers an estimated $1 billion a year in energy costs by making television set-top boxes a lot more efficient, The Los Angeles Times reports.
Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg
Post tags: 3xLP wall, building skins, facade design competition, facade prototype, Rigidized Metals Corporation, Silo City Gateway Wall, SKIN International Digital Fabrication Competition, TEX-FAB, TEX-FAB competition, university of buffalo, University of Buffalo architects, University of Buffalo wall
Here are eight of the ten questions for 2014 with a few predictions (two more to come):
• Question #3 for 2014: What will the unemployment rate be in December 2014?
• Question #4 for 2014: Will too much inflation be a concern in 2014?
• Question #5 for 2014: Monetary Policy: Will the Fed end QE3 in 2014?
• Question #6 for 2014: How much will Residential Investment increase?
• Question #7 for 2014: What will happen with house prices in 2014?
• Question #8 for 2014: Housing Credit: Will we see easier mortgage lending in 2014?
• Question #9 for 2014: How much will housing inventory increase in 2014?
• Question #10 for 2014: Downside Risks
• At 8:30 AM ET, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for claims to be unchanged at 338 thousand.
• At 9:00 AM, the Markit US PMI Manufacturing Index for December. The consensus is for an decrease to 54.5 from 54.7 in November.
• At 10:00 AM, the ISM Manufacturing Index for December. The consensus is for a decrease to 57.0 from 57.3 in November. The ISM manufacturing index indicated expansion in November at 57.3%. The employment index was at 56.5%, and the new orders index was at 63.6%.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for November. The consensus is for a 1.0% increase in November construction spending.